After their Outdoor Education experience at YMCA Camp Potawotami, students have a better appreciation for the natural world, new outdoor skills, enhanced group relationship skills and stronger personal ties with classmates and teachers.
Let our staff lead lessons for students of all ages and abilities. We offer hands on classes that tie in directly with classroom lessons, develop teamwork skills and build self-esteem.
- Provide a hands-on, safe and fun educational experience in a unique environment.
- Strengthen the relationship between students and between teachers and students.
- Teach lessons that enhance the Indiana State Standards.
- Promote within students a greater sense of independence and respect.
- Enable and encourage students to understand and experience the relationships between themselves and the natural environment.